Three of the world’s most iconic rail journeys and a breath-taking voyage through the Rhine Gorge combine to make this week-long rail holiday a great way to experience some of the best of what European rail has to offer. This is an ideal no-fly holiday!
- Day 1 – Depart London in the morning and head towards Geneva for an overnight stay, ahead of your journey into the Alps tomorrow.
- Day 2 – Explore the shores of Lake Geneva and into the mountainous heart of Switzerland. You’ll be greeted by the sight of the mighty Matterhorn as you arrive into Zermatt by train, where you will stay for two nights.
- Day 3- You’ll have a full day to enjoy Zermatt, and we’ve included a return trip on the Gornergrat Railway from which you will enjoy the most outstanding views of the famous mountain at 3,089m above sea level.
- Day 4 – Today you will boars the “slowest express train in the world” – the Glacier Express trundles at 24mph for 181 miles towards your base for the next three nights, St Moritz – and at that pace there is plenty of time for you to take in the ever-changing scenery, including the magnificent Landwasser Viaduct, perfectly framed by the train’s large-scale windows.
- Day 5 & 6 – You have an included round-trip to Tirano and back on the glorious Bernina Express, you’ll be spellbound as you watch the Swiss mountains and lakes give way to Italian greenery. You also have a further day to relax or make use of your Swiss Half Fare Card.
- Day 7 – Today’s train journey makes the most of some of Europe’s prettiest views as you skirt the edges of Lakes Wellensee and Zurich, before sweeping through the beautiful Rhine Gorge and following the river to Cologne where you’ll spend your final evening.
- Day 8 – Back to London
Our low deposit scheme means you can secure your holiday with a deposit of just £99 per person, you can then take advantage of our flexible payment scheme.
For full details or to book this fantastic offer call our team on 01772 337448.
Alternatively you can leave an enquiry adjacent to this page or email [email protected] a member of our team will contact you in due course.
Dates available upon request
£1,549 per person– based on 2 adults for 7 nights