Experience the best of Western states of the USA with this USA west-coast & canyons holiday from the Pillinger USA team.
For the amazing price of just £1,769 per person including return flights from the UK and hire of an intermediate SUV with fully inclusive insurance, you could be seeing some of the most picturesque national parks, canyons, and scenery that Western America has to offer.
The itinerary for the trip is as follows:
- You’ll firstly arrive in Las Vegas and stay for 3 nights at the Luxor Hotel, the perfect place to explore this amazing city.
- After 3 nights in Vegas you’ll collect your SUV and make your way to the Grand Canyon. En-route we suggest stops in Kingsman, the historic Route 66 and the Hoover Dam, which makes for an awe-inspiring stop, with an overnight stay at the Travelodge Flagstaff.
- Next morning head to the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park. Framed by scenic clouds that cast shadows on the desert floor it boasts sandstone masterpieces that tower to heights over 1,000 feet, followed by an overnight stay at Goulding’s Lodge.
- Next it’s onto one of Utah’s mighty 5, Arches National Park. Natural stone arches, hundreds of soaring pinnacles and giant balanced rocks, this red-rock wonderland will amaze you with its formations and inspire you with its most unique scenery.
- After an overnight stay at the Big Horn Lodge, Moab, the next drive is to the Capitol Reef National Park which is a hidden treasure filled with cliffs, canyons, dimes and bridges in Waterpocket Fold, a geological monocline extending almost 100 miles. Overnight stay at the Capitol Reef Resort.
- Today drive to Bryce Canyon famous for its unique geology, Bryce Canyon consists of a series of horseshoe-shaped amphitheatres where the power of wind and water has etched the pink cliffs and shaped the colourful limestone rock into thousands of spires called “hoodoos”. The following day explore more of Bryce Canyon or head to nearby Zion National Park this includes 2 nights at the Bryce Canyon Resort.
- A longer day driving awaits as your journey heads West to the lowest elevation in North America, Death Valley National Park! We recommend a stop at Zabriskie Point offering spectacular views of the windy eroded and vibrantly coloured Badlands, with a stay of 1 night at the Stovepipe Wells Death Valley.
- Then travel north into High Sierra on the highest drivable pass in California to Yosemite National Park, for a 2-night stay at Yosemite View Lodge. Get outside and delve into the depths of the park, with over 800 miles of trails, Yosemite is a great place to hike. Walk to a waterfall each as distinct as the granite cliffs they dive over, explore a giant sequoia grove and see some of the biggest trees on earth.
- Leave the wonder of Yosemite behind as you journey west and on to San Francisco for 2 nights at the Carlton Hotel and spend time exploring the beloved city by the bays neighbourhoods and we highly recommend booking a trip to the famous Alcatraz. Then fly back home to the UK and think about your next holiday with Pillinger!
If this incredible road-trip sounds like something you’d love, then give the Pillinger team a call to book today!
The price above is based on 2 adults sharing for 14 nights and is correct at the time of publication.
Please fill in our enquiry form for this USA multi-centre offer, and one of our team will get in touch soon. If you have any other queries or would like to book this offer now, then please contact us on 01772 337 448.
£1,769 per person– based on 2 Adults for 14 Nights